Okay, so “we” is overstating it at the moment. For now, “we” is “me,” and I’m Rebecca Andruszka. I have 15+ years of experience in nonprofit management. I have always enjoyed working for small organizations where, especially in the nonprofit universe, there is a lot of overlap of duties.
Therefore, even though my specialty has been fundraising, I’ve had to learn about – and lead – HR, finance, operations, and evaluation efforts as well. This has allowed me to see the big picture of how these pieces work together and how they can do better.
Here are some of the things I’ve accomplished over the course of my career:
- Organized an inaugural week-long conference with a small volunteer committee that attracted more than 200 participants and 25+ in-kind and cash sponsors.
- Won a $100,000 live pitch group presentation and represented the project in media and related events.
- Launched a corporate sponsorship program that raised $120,000 in its first 6 months.
- Managed grant portfolios up to $5M, which included major national and international donors, such as the Ford Foundation, Open Society Foundations, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Planned and executed a wide variety of fundraising events, including galas with celebrity guests that raised more than $1M.
- Established first-time online giving campaigns that have raised more than $30,000.
- Guided a small nonprofit organization to close its doors with $0 debt.